Clinton is home to a rapidly growing small business community
As of May 11, 2017, any NEW business venture opening within the Clinton city limits is required by law to register with the City and pay a mandatory license fee of $25.00.
The Business License is valid for the term of one (1) calendar year, beginning January 1, at an annual cost of $25.00. This initial fee is REQUIRED upon registration and VOLUNTARY for renewing businesses.
Business License Explained
The business registration process is intended to help regulate & protect the safety and credibility of our business community, as well as to maintain accurate local information.
– The city of Clinton maintains a current list of all active business establishments within the city limits. This includes brick & mortar businesses, service providers, vendors, and any other commercial establishments.
– This list is maintained by the city as a source of accurate information in the event of emergency and disaster, as required by local & state regulations, and published online as a reference for the public.
Register Your Business!
To apply for a business license, please visit City Hall at 197 Court Street, Downtown Clinton.
Things you may be required to present:
- Only the business owner or manager is authorized to register the business (signature required).
- Full legal name of business
- Complete physical address (for brick & mortar) and current mailing address (if different).
- If your business is eligible to collect sales tax, you will need to bring a copy of your Arkansas Sales Tax Permit.
- The Zoning Office may require additional information to issue your Occupational License. For questions, call 501-745-8110.
Update Your Info:
If your business is licensed with the City of Clinton, and you have moved, changed ownership, closed, or other details, you can update the information on file for your business at any time by completing this form:Update My Business
Chamber of Commerce →
The Chamber of Commerce represents the active business community in our area, with a mission to develop and maintain a vibrant business environment through the development of relevant and innovative services and community leadership, enhancing the economic quality of life in Van Buren County.
Together, businesses can:
- Thrive by creating a better business climate.
- Attract more customers, each business helping the other to thrive.
- Economically better the community in which they do business, to everyone’s benefit.
- Instill in the community a base of values which will serve the community and the businesses well.
- Establish credibility and viability for the businesses of the area.
- Better promote the community and its interest.
- Share in the success of our city and area.
Executive Director, Jason Hayes
Visit the Chamber of Commerce website at https://clintonarchamber.com.